The Digital Marketing focused learning module is designed to help students develop the skills needed to:
- Develop and manage effective digital marketing strategies.
- Analyze and visualize data using cutting-edge data analytic techniques.
- Evaluate successes and failures of social media marketing campaigns.
- Integrate digital marketing strategies with broader branding strategies.
- 53:630:508 Marketing Management This course addresses marketing frameworks and decision tools for developing products and services that deliver value to customers; segmenting the market and selecting target markets; and designing and implementing the best combination of marketing variables to carry out a firm’s strategy, including product, price, promotion, and distribution decisions.
- 53:630:530 Digital Marketing Strategy This course covers development and management of digital marketing strategy, and the uses of digital media technology, including: social, mobile, and web to enhance customer equity, brand value and ROI within the framework of an organization’s overall marketing strategy. Prerequisite: Marketing Management 53:630:508.
- 53:630:534 Strategic Marketing Analytics This course prepares students to develop the analytical skills marketers require to monitor, grow, and sustain competitive advantage. Students will develop abilities in aligning business objectives with metrics; utilizing data visualization, modeling, and text mining techniques; analyzing quantitative and qualitative data; and drawing data-driven consumer insights. The applications will emphasize the use of analytics to help make strategic marketing decisions. Prerequisite: Marketing Management 53:630:508.
- 53:360:535 Social Media Strategy This course explores how to use social media marketing to achieve strategic marketing goals. Using a mix of theoretical and practical exercises, students will learn to deploy social media as a strategic marketing asset. Objectives include learning and applying social media principles and evaluating how an organization’s social media presence adds strategic value. Students will also learn to implement a social media plan, connecting strategic goals to tactical objectives and the social media tools used to listen to and engage with consumers. The course also provides the skills needed to manage and measure social media activity. Prerequisite: Marketing Management 53:630:508.